This lesson plan looks at how social media usage has soared since the arrival of COVID-19. It examines how the pandemic lockdowns and subsequent social distancing has led to an over-reliance on social networking sites.
To purchase the whole collection of COVID-19 resources, including worksheets, activities and lessons, download our COVID-19 resource pack: ‘After COVID-19 — Returning to Education after the Coronavirus’.
- Ready to use lesson plan to introduce the topic.
- Photocopiable — use year after year again and again.
- Illustrated throughout.
- Simple, clear and concise and easy to follow.
- Downloadable — instantly available and no delivery costs.
- The increase in social media usage during COVID-19.
- How has social media enhanced remote learning?
- The lack of access to digital technology and the effect on education.
- The benefits of limiting our use of social media.
Who is it for?
- Teachers — How can teachers use social media networks to teach their students? Is the digital divide affecting the education of some students?
- Parents — How can parents gauge the extent of their children’s social media usage during the pandemic? Are some children relying too heavily on social media to stay connected?
- Young People — What are some of the dangers of young people using social media? Can certain online networks have a negative impact on young people?
- Pages: 15
- Duration: 1 hour
- Illustrated throughout
- Age range: 12 years and upwards
Frequently Bought Together
If you are based in the UK and wish to order by post and pay by cheque, please download our order form. UK orders can only accept cheques drawn on banks or branches of banks based in the UK. The cheque must be cleared before publications are despatched or before you are given access to electronic media.
Alternatively, if you are outside the UK but within the EU, you can download our EU order form here.