This lesson plan looks at individual experiences during the coronavirus pandemic through reading and writing activities. To purchase the whole collection of COVID-19 resources, including worksheets, activities and lessons, download our COVID-19 resource pack: ‘After COVID-19 — Returning to Education after the Coronavirus’.
The following valuable information is provided in this lesson plan:
- How COVID has affected individual lives.
- Keeping a diary to record experiences.
- Famous diarists including Anne Frank.
This lesson plan helps introduce COVID alongside English and examines the way the virus has affected individual freedom.
- Ready to use lesson plan to introduce the topic.
- Photocopiable — use year after year again and again.
- Illustrated throughout.
- Simple, clear and concise and easy to follow.
- Downloadable — instantly available and no delivery costs.
- What changes have people made in their lives in relation to their work, education and hobbies and how have their personal lives changed?
- What impact has COVID-19 had on family life and personal relationships, particularly during lockdowns?
- The life and times of Anne Frank are examined and her personal diary is explored.
- What is journaling and what are some of the benefits of keeping a journal or diary to record personal thoughts and ideas?
Who is it for?
- Teachers — This pack helps teachers examine COVID through the topic of English reading and writing.
- Parents — Parents can encourage their children to keep a journal to record their personal experiences.
- Young People — Young people are encouraged to express their thoughts and feelings through creative writing.
- Pages: 15
- Duration: 1 hour
- Illustrated throughout
- Age range: 12 years and upwards
Frequently Bought Together
If you are based in the UK and wish to order by post and pay by cheque, please download our order form. UK orders can only accept cheques drawn on banks or branches of banks based in the UK. The cheque must be cleared before publications are despatched or before you are given access to electronic media.
Alternatively, if you are outside the UK but within the EU, you can download our EU order form here.