This lesson plan looks at COVID-19 from a maths and statistical point of view. To purchase the whole collection of COVID-19 resources, including worksheets, activities and lessons, download our COVID-19 resource pack: ‘After COVID-19 — Returning to Education after the Coronavirus’.
The following valuable information is provided in this lesson plan:
- How COVID spreads from person to person.
- The effect of vaccination on COVID rates.
- The use of statistics in calculating the spread of COVID.
This lesson plan helps introduce COVID alongside maths and examines the way the virus has spread to many individuals around the world.
- Ready to use lesson plan to introduce the topic.
- Photocopiable — use year after year again and again.
- Illustrated throughout.
- Simple, clear and concise and easy to follow.
- Downloadable — instantly available and no delivery costs.
- How has COVID spread from country to country around the world, and what is ‘exponential growth’?
- What affect has travel and tourism had on the spread of the virus and how can we reduce infection rates?
- Does social distancing help reduce transmission of the virus?
- What has been the impact of mass vaccinations and how can it reduce the numbers infected with COVID?
Who is it for?
- Teachers — This pack helps teachers examine COVID-19 through the topic of mathematics.
- Parents — Parents can use this resource to help their children understand the importance of vaccinations.
- Young People — Young people can understand how COVID can easily be spread from person to person.
- Pages: 11
- Duration: 55 mins – 1 hour
- Illustrated throughout
- Age range: 12 years and upwards
Frequently Bought Together
If you are based in the UK and wish to order by post and pay by cheque, please download our order form. UK orders can only accept cheques drawn on banks or branches of banks based in the UK. The cheque must be cleared before publications are despatched or before you are given access to electronic media.
Alternatively, if you are outside the UK but within the EU, you can download our EU order form here.